Just in time for the holidays and all those parties, this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is a sure hit!
It’s time to pull out all those party recipes and foods, isn’t it? Thanksgiving is now behind us and next stop Christmas! Can you believe the time is already here again? It feels like each year keeps going by faster. I used to get so sad as a kid when Christmas was over because it was another year that was in the books and it always seemed to go by too quickly. Now, as an adult, it feels like it goes even faster than it did as a kid! I try to soak in every moment instead of getting caught up in the rush, which I’ll admit is hard to do sometimes.
One thing we do regularly is add new holiday recipes to our party menu and this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is on our list!
This cheese ball is a mixture of the Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Ranch Seasoning, and Dill Weed. Then, when I’m all done, I roll it in a crumbled bacon and green onion mixture. We pair ours with gluten-free crackers, but you can also do celery and carrots if you prefer veggies too, even a pumpernickel bread loaf is tasty with this cheese ball. I love shredding breads and serving them with dips and cheese balls.
This recipe is loved by all and perfect for parties. I’ve never had anyone say they don’t like cheese or cheese balls so it’s quickly one that disappears before our eyes. Do you serve a cheese ball at your parties? Another one to try is a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cheese Ball, now that one will leave you licking the plate.
What is your favorite thing to eat during the holidays? I’d love to hear it!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz Packages Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Hiland Sharp Cheddar Grated
- 1 Cup Hiland Aged Cheddar Grated
- 1 Pack Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp Dill Weed
- Shredded Bacon
- Chopped Green Onion
- Crackers/Veggies for Dipping
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheeses, ranch seasoning, and dill weed.
- Place about 1/2 cup shredded bacon and 1/4 cup green onion (the green part/chives) on a small plate.
- Carefully shape the cheese mixture into a ball, then roll it in the bacon mixture.
- Serve with dipping items of your choice.