Make a great treat with these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, that can easily be made gluten-free too!
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are filled with creamy peanut butter and delicious chocolate chips, the perfect sweet combination.
The best part is you can easily make them gluten-free if that’s a need too with a simple swap of flour. Any 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour can be used to make these gluten-free.
We use Better Batter when making these; however, as mentioned above just use a 1:1 gluten-free flour.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
As mentioned above, be sure to use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour to make these gluten-free.
It’s also important to follow the steps in the recipe to get the correct swirl in your cookie bars, they will be baked for about 5 minutes, then you will remove them and swirl before adding them back to the oven to complete cooking.
Remember these should fully cool as well before cutting, they will continue to set up and harden during the cooling time. This works the best on a wire rack.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars can be cut and stored in an airtight container until ready to serve. They are great for sharing too at parties and keep well in an airtight container, similar to cookies.
If you enjoy this recipe, you will also love these traditional Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
What type of chocolate chips are needed?
These cookie bars can be made with any variety of chocolate chips, we prefer semi-sweet. That seems to be a great mix between the varieties of chocolate chips.
It really will turn out great though with any variety.
Remember this recipe can be made with regular flour or gluten-free flour, so if gluten-free is not a need, you can still enjoy them with regular flour too! The recipe will work either way.
Now it’s time to enjoy a delicious dessert!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs Room Temp
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking dish evenly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes, remove and run a knife through the chocolate chips several times to swirl.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Under bake these a bit if you prefer a softer cookie, longer makes them more crispy.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.