As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a quick, delicious hearty breakfast with Cheesy Sausage and Egg Hash!
About a month ago, my husband and I were cruising around Nashville looking for a delicious, local place to enjoy breakfast at, we finally found Pancake Pantry and new we had to stop in. Luckily, I was able to find a recipe that was gluten-free, then once I saw it, I knew I was going to have to make that again at home.
Of course, my version probably is likely a bit different but it still hit the spot just like that dish at the restaurant did!
How do you make Cheesy Sausage & Egg Hash?
I decided to try this Cheesy Sausage & Egg Hash at home with cooked turkey sausage. I’ll admit we are a sausage family, we love our sausage each morning.
Note – This can be made with turkey sausage or pork sausage.
I prefer turkey sausage over traditional sausage and my husband prefers traditional pork sausage. This just means our freezer is always stocked with both!
This recipe is very simple, all you do is mix 1/2 a bag of Potatoes O’ Brien with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and let that simmer for about 10 minutes on medium heat. I also like to add additional peppers into mine.
Then, I added in the cooked turkey sausage and let it simmer another 10-15 minutes. While this is simmering, I fried up a few eggs then served the sausage mixture with an egg on top plus 2 slices of American Cheese.
The result? The ultimate comfort breakfast food!
This delicious breakfast (or dinner) took just under 30 minutes to make then it easily served 4 because you’ll be full fast!
Time to eat!
If you are really daring, you can even take it up a few notches by using the Hot & Spicy Sausage! Yikes…I’d need PITCHERS of water!
- 1/2 Bag Frozen Potatoes O'Brien
- 1 Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Pound Cooked Turkey or Pork Sausage
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices of American Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- In a large skillet, heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Add in the potatoes and peppers, let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked turkey or pork sausage and continue to let simmer for another 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While this is simmering in a small skillet, spray it with nonstick spray and add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat the oil in the pan up to medium heat.
- Then, crack an egg and cook on both sides until it's slightly browned and fried. (about 2-3 minutes)
- When the potatoes and sausage crumble are cooked through, top a portion with a slice of American Cheese and 1 Egg. Add salt and pepper to taste.