As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for fall with Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes!
I am going to let you in on a little secret. I love cupcakes, lots and lots of cupcakes. Surprised, right? I also LOVE Pumpkin, so making Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes was a no brainer.
When I first made these, I used the Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting; however, you can also use a regular Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting too for Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes. I do not believe this Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting still exist! So go with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
The result? The most delicious cupcake ever, of course!
I decided to stick with the upcoming holiday as my theme and make these a fall or Halloween cupcake. They turned out moist and delicious and the cream cheese frosting added additional flavor!
I also used the cream cheese frosting on another recipe that I’ll be sharing soon. I’m the new biggest fan and now plan to use this as opposed to traditional icing.
I have always been a huge fan of the whipped icing and prefer it over a butter-cream icing, so this product is perfect for me!
My son was happy to taste test them and he approved!
How do you make Gluten Free Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes?
I made these gluten free using a gluten free cake mix; however, you can make them either with or without gluten!
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix, or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix, Prepared per box instructions
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Sauce
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cartons Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Next prepare the box cake mix as instructed on the package for cupcakes. Then, mix in the pumpkin, caramel sauce, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into 24 prepared cupcake holders. I typically spray mine first with non stick baking spray.
- Bake these in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until completely done.
- Let these cool completely before frosting.
- I use a Wilton 1M tip and decorators bag to frost the cupcakes, filling the bag with the Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting. Then, top with sprinkles.
- Servings: 24 Cupcakes