Make a great meal with these Ninja Foodi Pork Carnitas that are also gluten-free, all made in one-pot!
Ninja Foodi Pork Carnitas make the perfect meat to top on some warm corn tortillas with your favorite toppings. These are basically up there with Air Fryer Fajitas on my list of favorite meals!
This recipe uses the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker.
Carnitas are basically made with a pork shoulder that is simmered in oil. In this case, we will be using the pressure cooker function of the Ninja Foodi and adapting it just a bit.
The main thing here is that we want that meat to be easy to shred to serve on those corn tortillas. Once it’s done pressure cooking, it will just fall right apart and make it perfect to serve. This is great for a crowd or party too because it makes plenty of meat!
What do you need for Ninja Foodi Pork Carnitas?
- Pork Shoulder
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Yellow Onion
- Garlic Clove
- Chili Powder
- Cilantro, Optional
That’s all you need for this tasty recipe, most of this will be a pantry style meal.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Pork Carnitas:
The first thing that you will want to do for this carnitas recipe is to brush the Ninja Foodi pot with olive oil. I’ve found this works the best to brush it with a brush so it gets evenly coated.
Remember too, that it’s best to cut the pork to fit into the pot, I cut it into 4 smaller pieces.
Once it’s brushed, sear the meat using the saute function on both sides until it’s nicely browned on the outside.
Following this, it’s time to add the remaining ingredients and pressure cook with the pressure cooker function and lid. The thing to remember is that once you are done with the pressure cooking, you will want to let it naturally release for about 20 minutes.
That means do not move the nozzle or really do anything until 20 minutes has passed following the timer going off. This allows the meat to rest and really soak in all that juice too.
Once you let it rest and open up the lid, it’ll easily shred.
What should you serve pork carnitas with?
We serve this with warm, toasted corn tortillas and corn salsa. I also like to add cooked rice as well.
I like to add cilantro and sour cream too, basically all your favorite toppings!
Let’s enjoy this Ninja Foodi Pork Carnitas and add it to the list of Ninja Foodi Recipes!
Ninja Foodi Pork Carnitas (Gluten-Free)
- 4 Lb Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1-2 Jalapenos Halved and Sliced
- Toppings - Corn Salsa Corn Tortillas, Sour Cream, Cilantro, Shredded Cheese
- Begin by brushing the pot of the Ninja Foodi with Olive Oil.
- Cut the pork to fit, I did about 4 large pieces.
- Set the Foodi to 'saute' on high and sear the meat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cancel or Clear the 'saute' function and change it to 'pressure'.
- Leave the meat in the pot after searing it.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Top evenly with salt and pepper.
- Evenly pour the diced onion over the pork.
- Evenly crush the garlic over the pork.
- Cut the lemon and lime in half and squeeze the juice from 1/2 of each over the pork.
- Evenly add the chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
- Place jalapenos right on top.
- Use the pressure cooker lid and secure it in place and move the nozzle to 'seal'.
- Cook using the pressure cooker function on high for 45 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, let it naturally release (do nothing) for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, set the nozzle to 'vent'.
- Carefully remove the lid and remove the pork.
- Shred and serve on top of the corn tortillas with corn salsa and other toppings of your choice.