As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the best campfire dessert with this Campfire Blueberry Crisp!
It’s summer and that means many of us are enjoying our evening sitting around a campfire. Of course, here in Oklahoma, I think the fall is a better time for a campfire. It just gets so hot, although, we still do camping throughout the summer too!
Did you know that you can do more campfire dessert instead of the traditional S’mores? That’s right, you can actually make some of the best desserts over the campfire including this Campfire Blueberry Crisp.
Tips for Making Campfire Blueberry Crisp:
It’s best to do this in either a cast iron skillet or an aluminum baking dish, 9×13 size. It’s also necessary to use a lid, in our case we always use foil. This helps keep the heat inside and allows it to cook up within an hour.
We enjoy our blueberry crisp while we were doing some backyard camping. It’s easy though to put together and keep it in an aluminum baking dish until you are ready to cook it.
This can actually be made right in your backyard. We found that we enjoyed the taste and flavor of this Campfire Blueberry Crisp over the traditional oven-baked Blueberry Crisp that we are used to.
This does take about an hour over the campfire, we used this Campfire Grill from Amazon. It fit perfectly over our campfire.
This can actually be made with any fruit of your choice, even canned fruit if you prefer that. We use fresh blueberries for ours; however, we’ve also made this with peaches, apples, and blackberries too. They are all delicious!
This is also nice served with vanilla ice cream if you have that handy, but of course, that’s going to depend on what type of camping you are doing. Many times when we go camping, we have a camper to keep things cold and frozen, but we still cook everything over the campfire.
What do you need for Campfire Blueberry Crisp?
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter
- Cast Iron Skillet or Aluminum Baking Pan
That’s all you need straight from your pantry. We love to use fresh blueberries for this Campfire Blueberry Crisp and I’m sure you’ll enjoy them too!
Are you ready for a delicious campfire dessert? It’s time to enjoy this dessert while spending time with family and friends around the campfire.
Pair it with these Campfire Beans!
- 32 Oz Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour or Regular Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats or Regular Oats
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour or Regular Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Optional
- In a cast iron skillet or aluminum baking pan, place the blueberries evenly on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then, place this mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Pour in the water.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon and nutmeg over it to enhance the flavor.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Then, mix in the softened butter.
- Evenly crumble the mixture over the blueberries.
- Cover the skillet or pan with foil and place over the campfire for 45-60 minutes until nice and brown.
- Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 824 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 226mg Carbohydrates: 153g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 83g Protein: 11g