As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Buttery Fresh Herb Potatoes are a great side dish to accompany any meal!
Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? Planning out those menus? This week I tried out these Buttery Fresh Herb Potatoes.
My mom prefers potatoes that are boiled for the holidays, so I remember having these regularly growing up. She always liked to use a very light spread, but you can really use anything even real butter if you prefer.
We have been stocking up on produce from a local co-op in our area, so I seem to have an abundance of potatoes. I was anxious to try them with this blend of herbs. I boiled the red potatoes, then I mixed them with the spread along with a few herbs. I also decided to use some fresh orange peel to give them a little bit of a fruity flavor too. It was a match made in heaven!
They also took me just under 30 minutes to prepare, so that makes for a very quick and easy dish for Thanksgiving this year. They can be prepared the night before too then just warm them up in the microwave or oven if you would like.
We love to make these to have a light side dish with meals during the holidays. I know most of us all love the heavy dishes but sometimes, balance is key, right? The Rosemary and Orange just give a hint of extra flavor to this tasty side dish.
Now, are you ready for this tasty dish? I am!
- 2 Lbs Red Potatoes, Cut into Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Tsp Orange Peel, Grated
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Dried Rosemary
- Place the potatoes in a stock pot and cover them with water, heat them up to medium high heat up until a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover the potatoes with a lid and let them cook for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the bowl.
- Mix in the Butter, Parsley, Orange Peel, and Salt.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Rosemary.