Kale-Stuffed Deviled Eggs are a great option for any holiday dinner!
It’s nearly Thanksgiving and that means lots of food and menus are in the works! My husband ALWAYS requests deviled eggs; they are a must in our family. This year though, I wanted to add a little extra something to my traditional deviled eggs.
What could that be?
I decided to add a little bit of Olive Oil and Garlic Seasoned Kale into the egg; then I piped in the filling to make it look a little bit more appealing to the eye. They turned out so pretty and tasty too.
The key to piping in the filling is to be sure there are no chunks of yolk and that it is very smooth.
If it is not, then the filling will get clogged in the decorator tip, and you will either pop the bag or you will have filling oozing out, and it’s just not pretty.
Trust me…I lived and learned.
I also decided to basically adapt my recipe for the Kale Egg Salad Sandwiches. I love the addition of the dill weed to the mix too; it gave it a little bit of a zesty taste.
I set out the deviled eggs when my husband got home from work, and they were literally gone in minutes.
I’ll be adding this recipe to my list for the holidays. Do you make deviled eggs for your holiday events?
Kale-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 6 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/2 Tsp Dill Weed
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Relish Optional
- Prepared Kale
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- Using cold, hard-boiled eggs, cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk.
- Place the yolks of each egg in a bowl with the mayo, dill weed, and paprika. Just a note, I liked to add sweet relish too, just about a tablespoon if you prefer.
- Mix together and set aside.
- Add a slice of kale to each egg white half and top with the egg salad.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Rachel Rockwell says
Yum! Looks delicious and I love Kale! Great idea to sneak it in some eggs! Looks pretty too!