Are you looking for the best sloppy joes recipe? I have it for you! I love pairing our tangy sauce to make these Tangy Sloppy Joes. It’s by far the most delicious sloppy joes that you’ll ever eat. They are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
It’s Tuesday night and homework is in full swing. You have a few kids working on homework, while a few others are human tornadoes sweeping over the house, meanwhile it’s almost dinner time. That means, “What’s for dinner?” is being ask by all. Sound familiar? That’s when you answer, the Best Tangy Sloppy Joes!
Then, suddenly cheers erupt and all is well in your home.
It gives a nice hint of sweetness to your dish, the flavors just compliment the meat so well. I tend to go back and forth between using ground turkey or ground beef. It really comes down to how much red meat we have had during that particular week and what’s in the freezer.
I will say, I prefer ground beef, but my diet tends to prefer ground turkey. It’s such a daily struggle…isn’t it?
What do you need for the Best Tangy Sloppy Joes Recipe?
- Ground Meat
- Brown Sugar
- Chopped Onion or Onion Powder
- Liquid Smoke
- Garlic Powder
Most of those you’ll likely find hiding out in the pantry. I prefer to use chopped onion, but if I’m out of onions, then onion powder is typically always available in our pantry.
Next up, you want to build those sloppy joes, so we typically use a hoagie roll or sub roll, then I top it with shaved Parmesan.
Best Tangy Sloppy Joes Recipe
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Lb Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Hoagie Rolls
- Shaved Parmesan
- In a medium-sized skillet, spray it with non-stick spray, then add in the ground beef or turkey.
- Brown and drain, then return to the skillet.
- While the meat is browning, in a small saucepan, warm up the ketchup, brown sugar, onion, liquid smoke, and garlic powder.
- Whisk this well to combine and warm to a very low boil, simply until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the meat is returned to the skillet, pour the sauce over the meat and combine.
- Let it warm up and soak in for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on the hoagie rolls with cheese.
After that, we have a delicious Tangy Sloppy Joe, which happens to be a favorite for dinner.
Complete the meal with Baked Potato Chips!
Did I mention you can make these in just about 20 minutes?!
It’s quick, easy, and tasty. Now it’s time to enjoy a delicious sloppy joe.
Try another version too with this Chili Sloppy Joe.
Pin it for later –
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Disclaimer: This post contains links to products that I recommend. Many of those links may be affiliate links. In using those links, it does support the ongoing post and recipes shared on this website.