Bananas Foster Pancakes are fabulous, rich and delicious for breakfast!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Madhava Natural Sweeteners. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m not sure about you, but one thing that I buy regularly is syrup. Do you? It seems like we are going through syrup even more than usual now as both my kids have grown fond of pancakes and waffles, plus now my husband is home for breakfast with us in the mornings so he is using it too. That means, I need to stock up.
The problem I run into is finding a natural alternative to sugary filled syrups. I found the answer to my prayers when I was introduced to the Madhava Natural Sweeteners Syrups. These syrups are all natural and organic, they are also low-glycemic.
I was surprised to find that they not only have the Maple Agave Syrup but they also have a Blueberry and Maple Cinnamon variety. My mouth was watering as soon as I saw these.
Along with the syrups I also tried out the Flip for Flapjacks Pancake Mix. These were actually the most perfectly round pancakes I have ever made. I could not believe how beautiful they turned out! I was literally able to whip these up in mere minutes, which means they are also easy to make in the mornings before school too.
Now, for the best part, I decided to combine bananas and the Maple Agave syrup to make Bananas Foster Pancakes. They were so good in fact that I had to make even more pancakes because they were literally flying off the table! Of course, I think the bulk of them landed in my husband’s belly but my kids got their fair share too!
As you whip up these delicious pancakes, be sure to snap a picture of your child and enter the Madhava Sweetest Kid photo contest. It’s simple to enter, plus you can win prizes! That’s always a plus.
Have you tried out the Madhava Sweeteners Products? What are your favorites?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Bananas Foster Pancakes
- 1 Cup Madhava Flip for Flapjacks Pancake Mix
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Madhava Maple Agave Syrup
- 3 Bananas Sliced
- Ground Cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pancake mix, water, and oil.
- Once mixed, warm up a griddle to medium high heat.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes. It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Set these aside.
- In a medium size skillet on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the syrup and the bananas.
- Cook this for about 3-5 minutes until the bananas are soft and caramelized.
- Place a few pancakes on a plate and top with the Bananas Foster, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and add more syrup if desired.