Bacon & Veggie Salad is a great lunch option!
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Butterball Every Day. All opinions are 100% mine.
Over the last several months, I have been pushing myself to make some major lifestyle changes. Along with setting a regular exercise routine, I’ve also tried to make my dinners as lean as possible. The majority of the time they are fairly lean, but I have noticed as I started to count calories more that many times my meat choices need to change.
This past week, I decided to use up some of the fresh garden produce and pair it with Butterball Turkey Bacon to make a more lean dinner. This led me to make the Bacon & Veggie Salad which can be served as is or over rice or pasta. I decided to skip the grain and keep it more protein packed.
By using the Butterball Turkey Bacon, I was able to keep that fabulous taste but also make a leaner choice for myself and my family.
I decided to bake the Turkey Bacon as opposed to frying it up in the skillet. I went YEARS without baking the bacon but recently discovered it is so much easier for me to bake it and I can do it easily while entertaining my kids too.
The bacon added a nice little saltier element to the veggies without adding additional salt. I did a balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic dressing to saute the veggies in, then lastly I added in the bacon. This dish is served up splendidly with a little cracked black pepper on top. I immediately started craving pasta as soon as I made this dish to serve it over, which would be divine, but I tried to resist those extra calories and keep it a pasta free dish.
Are you ready to eat up this fresh and lean dinner? I sure am!
If you are looking for even more leaner recipes, check out all of these Butterball recipes and be sure to pick up a few Butterball coupons!
Bacon & Veggie Salad
- 1 Package of Butterball Turkey Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 Cucumber Sliced
- 6 Sweet Baby Peppers Cut Lengthwise in Half
- 2 Cups Spinach
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Begin by baking the bacon, place the bacon on a greased baking sheet with edges to catch the grease.
- Place it in the oven and then turn on the oven to 400*. (Do not pre-heat)
- Let this bake for about 10-12 Minutes, be sure to check it at 10 minutes.
- Once the bacon is done, place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large skillet, warm up the oils and garlic for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the veggies and saute for 10 minutes until nice and soft, the spinach should be wilted.
- Add in the bacon and mix up and coat it with the oils.
- Serve topped with pepper.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!