Make the best Stuffed Mushrooms with these Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms!
These Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms have become a crowd favorite around here. Honestly, they are just easier to make in the air fryer without having to turn on my oven. If you prefer them made in the oven though, you can view this recipe.
There are a few things I like to keep on hand for some tasty stuffed mushrooms.
What do you need for Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms?
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Ground Sausage
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
Tips for Making Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms:
The meat can also be prepped in advance and then freeze it until you are ready to use it.
Once you are ready to make the stuffed mushrooms, you will want to blend all the ingredients in a food processor. This gives them the perfect consistency for stuffing.
I actually put about half of the stems from the mushrooms back in the food processor and blend those right in. It’s a great way to use the stems without going to waste. That means if I am making 24 mushrooms, I’ll use the stems of 12 mushrooms.
Do you use oil when cooking mushrooms in the air fryer?
I highly recommend always having a bottle of Olive Oil Cooking Spray available when using the air fryer. Before you put the mushrooms in, you will want to spray the bottom of the basket or foil with it.
Then, once you have the mushrooms ready to cook, give it another good spray of olive oil spray. This helps the food avoid drying out while it quickly cooks.
When should you wash mushrooms?
Always wash the mushrooms right before you plan to use them to avoid them getting too slimy!
Can you freeze stuffed mushrooms?
You can freeze them before you plan to cook them. I prefer to make them fresh and eat them quickly after. It’s going to come down to personal preference.
I feel that they have the best flavor when made fresh and served fresh.
Now, are you ready for these delicious Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms? Let’s make some!
Be sure to also serve the Air Fried Blooming Onion!
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz Mini/Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 lb Mild Ground Pork Sausage Cooked and Drained
- 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place the stems in a food processor.
- Add in the cooked sausage, cream cheese, parsley, garlic clove, and cheese to the food processor.
- Blend to make it a finely chopped consistency.
- Spray the air fryer basket or foil with olive oil cooking spray.
- Stuff each mushroom and place on the foil or basket. (Note – this took 2 batches for my Ninja Foodi, making about 8-12 at a time.)
- Spray evenly with another coat of cooking spray.
- Cook in the air fryer on 390 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove and serve.