Get ready to make some GREAT Okra with these 10+ Ways to Prepare Okra!
During the summer months, most of us who garden have an overabundance of okra, right? That means we need to talk about all the ways to prepare it.
Most importantly also be sure you know exactly how to freeze okra and make it last over the year.
Okra can be prepared in numerous ways from fried okra to simply grilled or skillet-roasted okra. It’s time to branch out and maybe try okra prepared a different way than you are used to!
Ways to Prepare Okra:
- Fried Okra – One of the most popular ways to prepare okra and you can also make it a gluten-free version if needed too!
- Pickled Okra – A great way to keep okra longer and it gives it a tangy and spicy flavor!
- Gluten-Free Fried Okra – Most of these recipes are easy to make gluten-free, with a few swaps of gluten-free all-purpose flour and cornmeal.
- Roasted Okra – Make easy okra with just a few ingredients like garlic salt and roast it up in the skillet or on the grill.
- Stewed Okra – Stewed Okra pairs okra with tomatoes or other ingredients to make a great healthy side dish!
- Air Fried Okra – As always you can make the fried okra you love a little better in the air fryer without all the oil!
- …and many more!
Tips for Preparing Okra:
The very first thing you should ALWAYS do is wash the okra. It will be up to you if you prefer to slice it or eat the okra in whole pieces, but you will always want to wash and drain it well.
This will also help with the slimy texture that okra can get.
If you want to reduce the sliminess more, you can also soak the okra in vinegar for about 30-40 minutes before cooking.
What is the most popular way to prepare okra?
The most popular way to prepare okra would be Fried Okra; however, there are a lot of alternatives that keep the okra nice and healthy!
Okra is packed full of essential nutrients, so creating recipes with it can really benefit you!
Choose your favorite way to prepare okra and you will be on your way to some of the best okra recipes!