Make a creamy, delicious Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream for your next get-together!
Butterfinger Ice Cream was always a staple at our holiday get-togethers over the summers, thanks to my aunt who ALWAYS had the homemade ice cream ready to serve.
She had a wide variety, but Butterfinger was certainly the favorite.
This recipe is so simple to make using a standard Ice Cream Maker and a few simple ingredients like sugar, half and half, and Butterfingers.
Tips for Making Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream:
This ice cream can be made with a variety of chocolate candy bars, so if Butterfinger isn’t your preference, you can easily make it with Snickers or any other candy bar you prefer.
It’s best to use half and half or cream to make this as it’s thicker and creamier consistency.
If needed though you can use regular milk; however, I would avoid non-fat or skim milk or it will be watery and not as creamy as what you would expect from ice cream.
Once you have the ice cream made, it’s best to store it in the freezer for 1-2 hours to fully harden up. Then, you can easily top it in your favorite bowl or cone.
In this case, we dipped some bowls in melted chocolate and coated them with additional Butterfingers.
This Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream will be a hit at your summer parties!
Can you make this gluten-free?
This recipe can be made with any gluten-free candy of your choice, be sure to read each label carefully. I have not found Butterfingers to be a problem; however, you can check this list for gluten-free chocolate candy bars.
We have also made this with Snicker’s and Chocolate Chips too using this same method.
Are you ready for a bite? I know I’m ready to make a batch of Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream too, it’s just perfect to enjoy this summer season!
Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 4 Butterfinger Candy Bars or Favorite Candy Bar
- 2-3 Quarts Half and Half
- On medium-high heat, bring sugar and water to a rolling boil in a saucepan; continue cooking for about 1 minute.
- Let mixture cool.
- Chop candy bars in a food processor or blender to your desired consistency.
- Pour butterfingers into sugar mixture and let soak until you are ready to make ice cream.
- Mix butterfinger mixture with 2 quarts of half and half and pour into 4 quart ice cream maker.
- Lastly, add additional half and half or 2 % milk as needed to reach the “fill” line on your ice cream maker.
- Continue making ice cream as instructed on the ice cream maker instructions.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Sandra Kay says
Totally yummy. Just an FYI for anyone who is not aware Nuts.com has all the different flavors of candy bars already chopped up. Butterfinger, Snickers, Twix, etc etc. They are always fresh and they work so well for cookies too.