My family loves baked doughnuts, I actually prefer them over the real thing. They are only served on occasion around here though, but I thought I would try something different with the glaze this past week.
Since we are nearing Valentine’s Day, I added a little bit of red food coloring to the glaze. Then, I let the doughnuts cool for just about 5 minutes so they were still fairly warm and drizzled the glaze over the doughnuts. Since the doughnuts were still warm it soaked in and made it a reddish pink marble effect. I really loved the way that they turned out, plus they were delicious.
Another idea for Valentine’s Day doughnuts is to frost them with whipped vanilla frosting then use your favorite valentine’s day sprinkles and go sprinkle crazy! In my world there can never be enough sprinkles!
For this recipe I simply adapted the recipe for Baked Vanilla Doughnuts.
Enjoy this sweet treat, perfect for Valentine’s Day Breakfast!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Baked Marble Vanilla Doughnuts
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free Flour
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1/4 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Butter Flavor
- 2 Tsp Skim Milk
- Red Food Coloring
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- In a large mixer add in the dry ingredients then mix in the wet ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a Doughnut Pan with bake easy and then using either a spoon or a decorators bag, pipe in the doughnut batter. These typically need to be about 3/4 full to allow a little room for the doughnut to rise.
- Bake these in the oven 10 minutes or until nice and brown.
- While the doughnuts are baking mix together the glaze ingredients adding more milk if needed.
- Move the doughnuts to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled slightly, drizzle the glaze over the doughnuts and add some sprinkles if you want.