Are you looking for a delicious lunch food that fills you up plus is healthy too? I have been and found one in this Tuna Pasta Salad with Ocean Naturals! Tuna is one of those foods that you either love it or hate it. I love it, but my husband hates it! So typically I always buy canned tuna that I can make meals with that are perfect serving sizes for just me!
Recently, I was introduced to Ocean Naturals Tuna, which boast three attributes:
- Good for You
- Good for the Planet
Sounds good, right? I started reading about it and they have no additives or fillers plus you can easily pronounce all the ingredients on the box!
Not only is it good for you and healthy, but it taste fabulous! It was good without mixing it with mayo, which is generally how I eat tuna.
One of my favorite features of this tuna is you can actually find out where it specifically came from by entering the code on the can on their website. That gives me peace of mind when I can find out exactly where my food came from!
Once my tuna was prepared, I had a good idea of what I planned to make with it! I decided to do a twist on my Veggie Pasta Salad, by adding tuna to it!
The result was a wonderful light and fresh pasta salad that had a bit of tuna in it for an extra boost of protein! I love using fresh produce in my tuna as well to make it even more healthy! In my pasta salad I added in spinach and tomatoes which gave it a wonderful flavor.
It can even be served hot or cold. I tried it both ways but had a hard time deciding which way I like it. The noodles are definitely more soft when it’s hot, which I did like that but at lunch time cold just seemed refreshing!
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 Lb Pasta Cooked and Drained or Gluten Free Pasta
- 1 Can of Ocean Naturals Tuna
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Can Whole Olives
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1. Be sure your pasta is prepared and set aside.
- 2. Next, heat up the oil, dressing, and lemon juice in a large skillet.
- 3. Add in the spinach and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes until it's nicely wilted.
- 4. Add in the tuna and all remaining ingredients.
- 5. Then pour in the pasta and toss to coat with the dressing and veggies.
- 6. This can be served immediately or chilled in the fridge for 2 hours for a cold pasta salad.
Be sure and check out these recipes on the Pinterest Board for more Ocean Naturals Fresh recipes and also tune in for their Tuna Tuesdays on Facebook where you can win some product! Need more ideas? Follow along on Twitter at #OceanNaturals!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.