It’s good to know that my aunt had my pumpkin bread obsession too! Her collection is full of pumpkin recipes, beware more may be coming soon. I already shared with you the Pumpkin Pie Cake, which tops my list of favorites. Today though is all about a simple Pumpkin Bread.
My aunt has all sorts of notes on her recipes and for this one she notes that she added orange slices and nuts. She then puts underneath that she also used candied rinds too.
I stuck to simple on this recipe and did a basic pumpkin bread, then you can add things as you wish. I would likely add chocolate chips but I have a slight obsession with them. Slight…ha.
I used gluten free all purpose flour to make this gluten free, but you can just use regular flour for all those not gluten free.
My daughter even enjoyed this one too. She’s already taking on my pumpkin obsession.
Now, enjoy a slice with your coffee this morning!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Cup of Apple Butter
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Cups of Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar Optional Topping
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together in order until dough forms.
- Spray a bread pan with non stick spray and pour into the pan. I believe using a standard size bread pan, this would make 2 loaves. I decided to use a bunt cake pan instead of using two loaf pans.
- This will bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the bread takes shape. I usually do the standard toothpick or fork test, to be sure no dough comes out on the toothpick.
- Serve sprinkled with a little powdered sugar.