Not only was this easy to make and delicious, but it would freezer well so it is going on my list of freezer cooking meals too!
I love that this recipe can be made the night before then just popped in the oven in the morning as soon as you wake up. For us, we typically do a holiday breakfast, so this would be the perfect recipe to do that with. I am always very favorable of recipes that I can prep the night before and then have minimal work in the morning especially for breakfast!
My husband and son were happy to taste test before we headed over to my parents to share with them and have a breakfast party!
My mom dug right in and thought it was delicious; however, my dad was a bit more skeptical! He doesn’t like anything that remotely resembles quiche, so it took some convincing to get him to realize that it wasn’t quiche.
Then, he took a bite and loved it! He even came to church the next morning still talking about how delicious it was! I think this has the perfect combination of hashbrowns and eggs!
When I made this, I served it with homemade salsa!
Enjoy this delicious breakfast!
Disclosure: Johnsonville and Ore-Ida sent me products to try out this casserole with. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Sunrise Breakfast Casserole
- 2 Packages Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links
- 9 Eggs
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 30 oz Package Country Style Hash Browns
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Red Pepper Diced
- 1/3 Cup Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- Salsa Optional
- 1. Place sausage on a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 375*F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and an internal temperature of 165*F is reached, turning once; drain and slice into 1/4-inch coins.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 4. Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well.
- 5. Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- 6. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 8. Bake, uncovered, at 350*F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set and golden brown and an internal temperature of 165*F is reached.
- 9. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 10. Serve with salsa.