Make summer delicious with Summer Squash Pizza!
How are those gardens doing this year? I really miss our garden this year, and I hope my husband decides to do one next year. He hasn’t had any time really to be able to work in it this year, so it is good that we didn’t do it, but I hope he does have time again next year. The first thing to make is Summer Squash Pizza.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is picking fresh produce straight from the garden. I miss that!
That hasn’t stopped me though from using fresh produce throughout the summer. I decided to try this Summer Squash Pizza from Cooking Light because it sounded fresh and delicious.
I love to be able to use fresh garden produce and cook this while the kids are out playing. It’s a great way for me to have a delicious dinner or light lunch and watch them play outside. Sometimes it’s nice to have while reading a good book too.
It was exactly that! This would make a wonderful meal paired with a salad or you could even make it as an appetizer. We opted to do it as a meal with salad, making a light and delicious dinner.
This pizza is actually grilled then you top it with the grilled squash and zucchini, it’s like a burst of veggie heaven in your mouth!
Mix up your pizza night tonight and try this tasty Summer Squash Pizza! I am sure you will love it!
Disclosure: I am a partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Summer Squash Pizza
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Zucchini cut lengthwise into slices
- 1 Medium Yellow Squash cut lengthwise into slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 12 Inch Gluten Free Pizza Crust or Dough
- 1 Roma Tomato cut into slices
- 1/4 Cup Finely Grated Italian Cheese
- 1 Tsp Basil
- Prepare grill and warm to medium-high heat.
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, zucchini, and squash in a large bowl, toss to coat. Place the mixture onto a sheet of foil and wrap it up and secure. Then, place it on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Place the pizza crust or dough on a sheet of foil sprayed with cooking spray. Place the foil on the grill and grill for 2-5 minutes until the bottom is done.
- Carefully flip the pizza over removing from the foil. At this point the uncooked side should be facing up.
- Arrange the veggies on the pizza along with the tomato slices.
- Add the basil and cheese. At this point you can also add additional garlic salt if you prefer it.
- Cook another 2-5 minutes until the bottom is done and cheese is melted.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Oh wow, this looks like a perfect summer meal! Light and delicious, and I know my family would absolutely love it. We’ve been spending a lot of time downtown (pokemon hunting, hehe), and stopping in at home to grab a bite to eat. This would be the BEST quick little lunch. Thanks for sharing <3
Hi there, this is Celia from Porque Soy Mujer blog post, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, hope you can accept it, and help other bloggers by nominating them too. Visit my blog to learn more about it.