This Spring Puppy Chow Mix will be a fun hit with your kids and family!
As Easter gets closer so does all the creative fun going on in the kitchen. One of my favorite treats to make with my son is Puppy Chow. It’s a simple, no-bake treat that is perfect to customize for each holiday.
This is one of those treats that kids of all ages can get involved with. Of course, for my daughter, she prefers to just eat all the candy, but she is learning to love being in the kitchen and cooking too.
My son can take a bigger role now by really getting involved with the cooking process. It’s an added perk that he can now start making his own breakfast, that just means I can be lazy in bed on Saturday mornings a little bit longer.
He loves making his sister’s breakfast too. Now, I’m sure they will both enjoy snacking on this as well.
If you have a spring break coming up, then this is a sure winner for spring break. My kids just got done with spring break and we spent time in the kitchen together too.
I love the colors it brings to the puppy chow mix and filling these little bunny tins would make a nice centerpiece addition to the Easter table too. Of course, that is if you don’t mind the kids snacking on candies before dinner.
There are a variety of candies to choose from right now too. I simply like the nuts that the peanut M&Ms bring to the mix. I also like to add popcorn to ours too, we like lots of different additions to this mix.
What do you like to add to puppy chow mix?
Happy Chow Making!
Spring Puppy Chow Mix
- Puppy Chow:
- 3 Cups Vanilla Chex Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Bag of Popcorn Cooked (Popped)
- 1 Medium Size Bag of Spring Peanut M&Ms
- 1. Begin by making the Puppy Chow. To do this, heat the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Then stir and heat an additional 30 seconds until it's melted. Be sure to be careful removing as it will be hot.
- 2. Place the cereal in a large bowl and pour the melted chocolate over it stirring it up and combining it well.
- 3. Place the chocolate covered cereal into a plastic sealed bag and toss with the powdered sugar, making sure that the cereal is well coated.
- 4. Place the coated cereal in a clean bowl along with the cooked popcorn and M&Ms. Stir to combine the mix and serve.