This Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup will leave your eyes watering and taste buds craving more!
It’s that time of year, soup time. We absolutely love soup during the fall and winter months, my husband prefers spicy soup, while I’m a little bit of a wimp when it comes to spice. I decided this week to surprise him with a delicious bowl of soup that was made spicy just to his taste with La Morena peppers, use any brand you prefer.
I decided to use Chipotle Peppers and Jalapeno Peppers. He did tell me he loved spicy foods, right?
This soup can actually be made in the slow cooker as well as on the stove. If you make it in the slow cooker, simply add all the ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you make it on the stove, you would combine the ingredients and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
I decided to opt for the stovetop method this time. I knew I could make it relatively fast on the stove so that worked out perfectly. The soup simmered and the kitchen smelled amazing.
I also used rotisserie chicken to cut down on cook time as far as the meat goes. I tossed in a bit of fresh cilantro to add a boost of flavor too.
A big ole’ pot of soup makes the perfect treat on a crisp, fall day. It honestly takes me back to the college days for some reason and this little cafe nearby that always had delicious soup. I loved walking there for lunch during the fall.
Do you enjoy spicy foods? I am certain you will love this delicious soup.
Ready for dinner?
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 Cups Cooked & Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 14.5 Oz Cans of Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 7 oz Can of La Morena Sliced Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 7 oz Can of La Morena Chipotle Peppers
- 1 15 oz Can of Corn Drained
- 1 15 oz Can of Black Beans Drained
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes Drained
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Lime
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Combine all ingredients through the onion into a large stock pot, squeezing the juice from the lime in.
- Stir and let simmer on medium-high heat for 30 minutes until it comes to a nice rolling boil.
- Serve topped with cheese and tortilla chips.