Make the best Smoked Stuffed Meatballs on your smoker or Pellet Grill!
If you love these Smoked Meatballs, then you are going to REALLY love these Smoked Stuffed Meatballs. These meatballs are full of fresh mozzarella cheese that just melts right in your mouth!
These meatballs can be made on your pellet grill or traditional smoker.
What pellets should you use for Smoked Stuffed Meatballs?
Choosing the right pellets is extremely important when making any pellet grill recipe. The overall flavor of the dish will be affected by the pellets that you choose.
Smoked Stuffed Meatballs taste best with Hickory Wood Pellets.
We also often use a blend of wood pellets, which is also really good; however, remember again that any pellet will affect the final flavor.
How should you serve smoked stuffed meatballs?
These meatballs are perfectly served as is with your favorite sides such as Smoked Mushrooms.
They can even be paired with a dipping sauce too.
The other option is to serve them with pasta and use them topped with spaghetti, which really kicks that spaghetti up to a new level.
How do you make Gluten-Free Smoked Stuffed Meatballs?
These are easy to make gluten-free with a simple swap of bread crumbs. In order to make this gluten-free, simply use gluten-free bread crumbs.
All the remaining ingredients are naturally gluten-free.
Tips for Making Smoked Stuffed Meatballs:
This meatball recipe uses 1 pound of ground beef, which will end up making about 12 meatballs. It is easy to double this recipe if you need more than that.
The meatballs can be shaped with a cookie scoop or you use your hand and roll the meatballs.
A small indentation will be made into the center of the meatball to add the cheese, then you can cover it up by spreading the meat around it.
I prefer to use Mozzarella Pearls, which are small balls of mozzarella cheese. This can also be made with fresh mozzarella and you would just want to cut it into a small cube.
These meatballs are easy to toss on the pellet grill with other foods as well and cook them all at once!
Smoked Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Seasoned or Regular Bread Crumbs or Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 oz Fresh Spinach (Finely Chopped)
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese (Balls, Pearls, or Cut into Cubes)
- Preheat the smoker to 250*F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, seasoned bread crumbs, milk, egg, garlic, parsley, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- Divide the mixture and form it into balls about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Using your thumb, create a small indentation in the center of the meatball.
- Place a small amount of chopped spinach and a small cube or pearl of cheese in the indentation.
- Fold the beef mixture over the spinach and cheese and roll into a smooth ball.
- Repeat for the remaining meat.
- Place the stuffed meatballs on the smoker rack, leaving a space between each meatball.
- Smoke the meatballs for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until they reach an internal temperature of 160*F.
- Remove the smoked stuffed meatballs from the smoker and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or with pasta.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Esmé Slabbert says
Love a good meatball and these do sound outstanding. I especially love the smoked and stuffed part.
Visited you via Creative Muster Link-Up Party 534
You’re invited to hop over and come and share your posts with us at Senior Salon Pit Stop. See one of my entries: The BEST 15 Seafood Dishes and navigate to the bottom of my page for the Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup, we hope to virtually meet you there.
My hubby and eat low carb and I’m always looking for food like these meatballs to add to our menu! Thanks, Kristy! I’m excited to tell you that this post will be featured in Tuesday Turn About Link Party this week! Thanks so much for linking up and we hope to see you this week! Pinned