Get ready to feed the family with these Smoked Nachos, and make them in your Pellet Grill or Smoker!
Sometimes it’s nice to just do a huge plate of nachos for dinner and let the whole family dig in. That’s exactly how I feel about Smoked Nachos!
Think summertime by the pool or even on a cool fall evening, this dish is perfect for those nights!
These can be made on your smoker or pellet grill.
How to Make Smoked Nachos:
These Smoked Nachos are going to use this Pellet Grilled Rotisserie Chicken, so be sure to have this cooked first.
I would suggest using the chicken one night for dinner and using the leftovers for Smoked Chicken Nachos, we’ve found that is a great way to use up all of that chicken.
Once you have the chicken cooked and ready, then it’s all about building the nachos with your favorite toppings.
Remember to drain all of the toppings so that the nachos do not get soggy. Then, you can use additional toppings such as sour cream or dips to serve them.
The nachos need to be layered on a baking sheet then they will be topped with your toppings along with cheese.
Once those are topped, you can place them in the preheated smoker at 350*F for 15-20 minutes. Once they come out your cheese will be nice and melted and you will have a great dish!
These can even be paired with Smoked Salsa too.
Which cheese should you use for these?
It’s best to use a block of cheese and then shred it yourself. If you use pre-shredded cheese it has additives to prevent it from sticking together in the bag.
This additive also makes it difficult to melt.
So the best option is to use a block of cheese and then shred it. It’s also a good idea to use a mixture of cheeses instead of just sharp cheddar to enhance the flavor.
What should you serve Smoked Nachos with?
These can be served with a variety of dips such as:
If you like these, you may also enjoy these Air Fryer Nachos!
Smoked Chicken Nachos
- 1 Whole Smoked Chicken (About 3 Cups)
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- 15.5 oz Can Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 Cup Whole Corn Kernals
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a Blend)
- 8 oz Jar of Pickled Jalapenos
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- Preheat the smoker to 350*F. Remember the chicken should be cooked prior to making these nachos. See the link in the ingredients for the chicken instructions.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on a large baking sheet or cast iron skillet.
- Add a layer of shredded smoked chicken over the chips.
- Sprinkle with black beans and corn.
- Layer the cheese over the other ingredients.
- Repeat the layers.
- Then add pickled jalapenos and red onions on top.
- Place the baking sheet on the preheated smoker and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!