As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Ever have weeks where you just think I’m so over grocery shopping?!
I have those moments every single time grocery shopping day comes along. I really hate grocery shopping! It is just one of those weekly task that I know I always have to do though because apparently my family has to eat!
Well, this past week I decided to make it easy on myself and ‘shop’ in my freezer and pantry!
Our freezer is packed full of garden fresh produce plus we had some meat just waiting to be used, like a split chicken fryer.
I had tomatoes, bell peppers, lots of seasonings, and a chicken fryer!
Did I mention I also didn’t feel like cooking that day?
So what’s a girl to do?
Oh Slow Cooker…how I do love you!
I decided to slice up some of the tomatoes and peppers then toss in some garlic, olive oil, basil, rosemary, and a little oregano to make a delicious pantry style Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Chicken.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 1/2 Lb Approx Split Chicken Fryer
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, pour in the olive oil and evenly coat the bottom of the cooker.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Then, place the veggies on top of the chicken. At this point, you can also place veggies underneath the chicken if it is stacked on top of each other.
- Add the garlic and all the seasonings evenly over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add salt/pepper to taste when serving.