I have mentioned many times before how much I love Toni’s Tangy Meatballs, part of that love comes from the sauce, which was the inspiration for this recipe. Why not use the sauce on other meats?
This was so simple that I used it as a freezer meal. I prepared the sauce in advance and poured it over the pork chops then sealed them in a freezer safe storage bag and froze them in the freezer. When we were ready to serve them, it was a simple pour into the slow cooker and let them cook all day.
When I made these, I used thin pork chops to cut down on cost during out freezer cooking day; however, I prefer thick cut pork chops. In this recipe you can use either that you prefer, also your preference on boneless or bone in.
Oh and have I mentioned how thankful I am for doing the freezer cooking day before having baby? We are now almost 2 months from baby day and still have food ready to go in our freezer! It’s so nice on the nights that we are just having a rough day and I can’t spend time in the kitchen. Babies are tough sometimes and you just never know what kind of day it will be!
Are you ready for this easy recipe on a busy night?
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Tangy Pork Chops
- 4-6 Boneless or Bone In Pork Chops You can use thin or thick cut
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and bring to a low boil. Whisk or stir until the sugar is well dissolved and the sauce is formed. Once done, turn off heat and set aside.
- Spray a slow cooker with non stick spray, place the pork chops on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the pork chops and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- I typically will turn these 1/2 way through the cook time and then check at 6 hours to see if they have are done.
- If you use thin cut pork chops, they should be done by 6 hours, thick cut will take closer to 8 hours.
- Serve with sauce drizzled over the chops.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Gbes coupon says
Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I
am inspired! Extremely helpful information specifically the remaining section
🙂 I handle such info a lot. I used to be seeking this certain info for a
long time. Thanks and best of luck.
This coupon website says
With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
My site has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any techniques to help stop content from being ripped off? I’d truly appreciate it.