My husband and I have always been fans of doing at home date nights, we typically do one each week; however, after we had our baby girl our date nights have been lacking. Luckily, we were able to review the latest book from Moll Anderson, Seductive Tables for Two. Basically this book goes over a wide variety of tablescapes perfect for at home date nights.
Moll Anderson’s book is full of tablescape ideas for your home date nights along with recipe ideas. I was impressed with the amount of recipes that are included. Basically for each tablescape, she includes a few recipes to go along with that particular theme. The titles of the recipes were interesting to say the least but they went right along with a date night and those seductive tables!
I was inspired by the book along with items that I had on hand in our house including this picture from our honeymoon. I decided to go with the tropical theme and take us back to our honeymoon in Maui. Of course, I would of loved to be in Maui on the beach enjoying this meal…maybe someday.
I used a simple table setting with white dishes accenting with tropical flowers and cloth napkins. I wanted to stick with bright, bold colors like oranges and reds for this tablescape.
I pulled it together with these floating candles, which happened to be a tropical scent setting the tone and mood for the evening. Next, I thought candlelight would be the perfect way to enjoy a little quiet and relax! I mean how often can you relax with a newborn and 3 year old at home? Not often! We have to work quickly after they go to bed to squeeze in a date night!
Now that we have the table ready, it’s time for the food! I thought today I would share with you our main dish recipe for Hawaiian Chicken Stir Fry! Next week, I’ll be sharing all about these delicious brownie sundaes!
Can we say delicious? I could eat a few of these right now! First…back to that stir fry!
This Hawaiian Stir Fry makes for the perfect dish for your Tropical Tablescape date night!
Hawaiian Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Large Chicken Breast Cut in Chunks
- 1 Can Pineapple Chunks Reserve Juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Bag Stir Fry Veggies
- 2 Cups White or Brown Rice Cooked
- Serves: 4
- Begin by pouring enough oil to slightly cover the bottom of the skillet, then cook the chicken thoroughly.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine all soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice. Mix this well, then add in the corn starch and continue to stir.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour the mixture onto the chicken and mix. Let this simmer until it is completely soaked into the chicken.
- Once the chicken mixture is soaked in, add in the stir fry veggies and the canned pineapple and let simmer with the chicken for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Find more on Moll Anderson on Access Hollywood or Moll Anderson’s radio show on XM Talk 168 every Saturday at 5:00 pm EST!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® #cbias #SocialFabric #SeductiveTables All thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own.