It’s one of those mornings when you wake up and wonder how in the world you will get your to do list done…and better yet what are you going to do for dinner? Take out sounds nice, right? What about a meal though that feeds the family and cost less than 1 meal at a take out restaurant and includes maybe 5 minutes or prep time? I’m sold!
One of my all time favorite easy meals and CHEAP meal ideas is using Chicken Drumsticks. I can almost always find large packs of drumsticks on clearance at the grocery store for around $2! That makes for a very cheap meal! A few that I have done in the past include Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes and Slow Cooker Onion Soup Chicken.
When I made the latest chicken drumsticks recipe, I knew I would not have time to cook and spotted these in my freezer. I thought I could easily throw something together using those drumsticks. I also love Dill! If you’ve been around a while that is no surprise to you that dill would appear on these. They smelled amazing and tasted just as great!
This time I simply coated them with seasoning and then tossed the potatoes and carrots in as well and had a one dish dinner!
Slow Cooker Dill Chicken & Veggies
- 1 Package Chicken Drumsticks About 6 Drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1/2 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Small Potatoes Diced
- 2 Cups Baby Carrots
- Spray a 5 quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes and carrots on the bottom of the slow cooker. Then, place the chicken on top. Coat the chicken evenly with the spices, dill weed and thyme. Then, toss in the crushed garlic and evenly coat with olive oil.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serves 4-6 depending on amount of drumsticks that you eat.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.