As we get closer and closer to Christmas, parties are at an all time high and so is this crazy, busy holiday season! Of course, the best thing to do for a party is make an easy meal, right? I recently tried out Johnsonville Sausage Slices & Meatballs, which will make the perfect addition to your holiday feast.
I love having meatballs or sausage at holiday parties, of course I just love holiday parties. I have to say working from home by yourself is no fun, of course I do cook a lot but work parties are the best for holiday foods! What do you take for your holiday parties?
I knew that I wanted to make something that was both tasty and quick. I decided to use a can of Whole Cranberry Sauce and Heinz Sweet Chili Sauce to coat these sausage slices with. I simply poured the sausages into the slow cooker, then I topped them with the cranberry sauce and chili sauce and let them cook for about 4 hours.
When we were ready to eat, they were simmering beautifully and perfect for dinner. We decided to pair ours with mashed potatoes and carrots to make a full meal with, but you can also use these as a side item for a holiday party.
This is a wonderful recipe to use over meatballs as well. It gives the meatballs and sausage a sweet and spicy taste.
Time for this delicious treat!
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Johnsonville; however, this is not a compensated post.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Chili Sausage
- 1 Package Johnsonville Sausage Slices or Johnsonville Meatballs
- 1 12 oz Bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 14 oz Can of Whole Cranberry Sauce
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, spray it with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sausage slices or meatballs in the slow cooker then top it with the chili sauce and cranberry sauce.
- Let this cook on low for 3-4 hours, set to warm until ready to serve.