As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Summer cookouts are upon us, most likely even this weekend. One recipe that I’m growing fond of this year is this Roasted Summer Corn Salad using Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I’m sharing this recipe today in partnership with Pompeian, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you all have plans for Memorial Day weekend yet? Typically in years past we have always had a cookout and enjoyed time at the lake or pool. This year I’ll be sitting on Gulf Shores with my toes in the sand. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas as we inch up to our vacation. I am probably more excited than the kids, this mommy needs a break from routine.
Although we will be away for the weekend, we are still going to be grilling and having all of these delicious sides at our beach condo. I fully intend to make this Summer Corn Salad while we are there too. I love a cold salad to pair with warmer sides like beans. It’s a great way to offset the different taste and flavors.
I decided to use roasted sweet corn to make this corn salad. I coated each of the ears of corn with Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then I added a bit of garlic salt to it. I foiled wrapped these and placed them on the grill for about 10 minutes to roast. They can also be roasted indoors in a skillet too. I like to make roasted sweet corn then just make a few extra to use for the salad too.
Once the corn is nice and toasted, cut it off the cob and add it to a bowl with the remaining ingredients, you’ll lightly mix in a bit more olive oil and then let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. Once it’s nice and cool, you will have a refreshing summer corn salad that pairs perfectly with all those burgers and hot dogs for summer cookouts.
The new Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a very well balance flavor profile that is perfect for light dishes. This was the perfect olive oil for this salad because I wanted the olive oil to simply enhance it and not overpower the other flavors in the salad.
Just like the robust variety, the smooth variety carries the USDA Quality Monitored Seal as well.
Are you anxious for summer time? Each year as my kids get older, I get more and more anxious about summer. This year my daughter is a bit older and we can do more fun activities, hopefully without tantrums…here is to hoping! Then, next year will be even more, I’m imagining a few years down the road being able to read by the side of the pool while the kids play. It seems like a far fetched dream right now but I know I’m going to blink and my daughter will be old enough to do just that. The years sure speed up when you have little ones.
Now, I want to know what is on your menu this weekend? Be sure to add this Roasted Summer Corn Salad to it!
- 4 Ears of Sweet Corn
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt or to Taste
- Fresh Shredded Mozzarella
- Begin by combining 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil with the 1 Tsp of Garlic Salt, then brush on each ear of corn. Wrap the corn in the foil and cook on the grill or in a skillet for about 5 minutes on each side until lightly roasted.
- Once the corn is done, cut it off the cob and add to a medium sized bowl.
- In a small skillet spray with non-stick cooking spray and add another 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil. Then, add in the onion and let this cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cooked onion in the bowl with the corn.
- Mix in the tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add in garlic salt to taste.
- Top with fresh Mozzarella.
- Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge and serve.