Are you preparing for Memorial Day or an upcoming cookout? If so, then of course a pasta salad is a must have, like this Mediterranean Turkey Pasta Salad. I found the perfect pasta salad for Summer Cookouts, and I wanted to share it with you! This is a sponsored post; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
As we get ready for Memorial Day, pasta salad is at the top of my list of must haves. Is it on yours? I love cold salads to mix with warm recipes too like baked beans. Last month, I mentioned the Butterball App and thankfully they have lots of recipes for Memorial Day too.
I wanted to share this Mediterranean Turkey Pasta Salad today that I found on the Butterball App, as it would be a great side item for a cookout this weekend. The one thing I love about this pasta salad is that it’s versatile and easy to make gluten-free, which is a must for us. I can easily use gluten-free pasta and my guests can typically never tell the difference either!
This salad also uses lots of fresh ingredients like tomatoes, herbs, and greens. I like to use garden fresh greens when I’m making this. The fresh greens give it a wonderful element that you don’t always see in pasta salads.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Now it’s time to find even more recipes with the Butterball App! In a simple download, you can easily plan out your entire Memorial Day menu. The next one I want to try is the BLT Turkey Burgers. Now, that would be a great one to add to your menu this weekend too.
Now, I want to know what’s on your menu for Memorial Day? Pasta Salads? Burgers? Desserts? Maybe even this Spicy Grilled Corn from the Butterball App? It should be! Now, be sure to share it with us and check out the Butterball App for more great recipes. There is a version for both Apple devices on iOS or Android on Google Play and the download is free.
Happy Memorial Day!
Mediterranean Turkey Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 3 Cups Diced BUTTERBALL® Turkey Cooked (Leftovers)
- 3 Cups Cooked Penne Pasta or Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 1 16 oz Jar Pitted Kalamata Olives Drained & Chopped
- 1 10 oz Container of Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 8 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 6 oz Package of Spring Salad Mix or Fresh Greens
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 1. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, garlic and oregano in small bowl until well blended.
- 2. Combine turkey, pasta, olives, tomatoes, cheese, salad greens, parsley
- and red onions in large salad bowl. Gently toss with dressing. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.