This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartWithJifPowder #CollectiveBias
It’s time to power up with these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins, one taste and you’ll be in love!
Have you heard about Jif™ Peanut Powder yet? I saw it in the store recently by the jars of peanut butter and immediately was intrigued. I decided to pick up a bag of it to try at home. The verdict?
It taste just like peanut butter with 85% less fat than the jars of peanut butter. Crazy, right? I was shocked to see the reduction of fat. This is particular great for me as I’m working very hard to get myself on track again with weight and exercise. One thing I have noticed is that if I eat just a bit of peanut butter before my workout I have so much more energy! Now, I can do just that without breaking the calorie bank.
Jif™ Peanut Powder is made with only one ingredient, roasted peanuts. There is also no additional sugar or salt either. That’s it!
I decided to whip up these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins using the peanut powder as a little pick me up after a long workout.
I even had a little help in the kitchen, my daughter was happy to help me. She’s become quite the queen of the kitchen lately or as much as a 3 year old can be. I was surprised to find that the peanut powder when mixed with water immediately turns into the same consistency as regular peanut butter. That makes it not only great for baking but also eating on sandwich too.
I’m planning to whip up some protein balls next with the peanut powder. My kids love it in smoothies too. It’s a win-win situation!
Have you tried peanut powder yet? I’m looking forward to trying even more with it. What recipe would like to try it in?
Now, head over to Walmart to pick yours up!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Jif Peanut Powder
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Mashed Ripe Banana about 2-3 bananas
- 1/3 Cup Plain Greek Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Oats or Gluten Free Oats
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- Add the flour to the stand mixer.
- Combine the peanut powder with the water until it thickens.
- Add to the flour.
- Add in the baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, and eggs.
- Mix in the bananas, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray, then add in the batter to each tin, about half full. Note - The batter will be thick, spread it in evenly.
- Top each muffin with a bit of oats.
- This makes about 18 muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part it comes out clean.
- Remove the plan and let cool, then remove the muffins and serve.