As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
One of my all time favorite fish recipes is this Parmesan Crusted Tilapia; however, this past week I was looking to make it a bit healthier. I decided to simply lightly coat the fish with a Parmesan topping then bake it in the oven. It gave it a great hint of flavor without the added fat and calories.
Of course, I also had to have my fat free tarter sauce too. That’s a must in my fish eating world.
Let’s get on to this tasty recipe!
- 4 6oz Frozen or Fresh Tilapia
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Sweet Basil
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Use a wire rack to cook this to avoid it sticking. I also sprayed the rack to help with the sticking.
- Place the flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Next mix the cheese, salt, oregano, and basil in a separate dish.
- Take each fillet and dip it in the flour then pat on the Parmesan mixture. Add the mixture to both sides of the fish.
- This will need to bake 15 minutes then turn over and bake an additional 15 minutes. The fish should flake easily with a fork when done.
Enjoy this healthier alternative to a wonderful tilapia recipe!
Disclosure: I made this fish in conjunction with a campaign with Collective Bias. All the thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own.