As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the perfect air-fried snack with these Ninja Foodi Zucchini Fries that are also easy to make gluten-free.
Ninja Foodi Zucchini Fries are a great go-to snack and are simple to make too. These can be made in minutes, serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce or as is!
Make these in your Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer.
If you want to make air-fried breaded zucchini chips, check out this Air Fryer Zucchini and Yellow Squash.
How do you make Gluten-Free Ninja Foodi Zucchini Fries?
The only swap you need to make these gluten-free is a gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter. Any 1:1 flour of your choice will work just fine for this recipe.
All the other ingredients are naturally gluten-free, but as always check all the ingredients.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Zucchini Fries:
The first thing you need to do is wash and slice the zucchini. I find this works the best to slice the zucchini lengthwise in half, then slice small strips to make ‘fries’.
Once you have these cut, you have to dip them into the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumb and cheese mixture. It must be coated in the egg or the breadcrumb mixture will not stick.
I did these in 2 batches to fit in our air fryer. It’s best to cook them at 390*F for 5 minutes, then add time if needed. These will typically take 5-10 minutes, but as always all air fryers heat differently.
If your air fryer preheats before such as the Ninja Foodi Grill, then they will likely take closer to 5 minutes since the air fryer is already warm.
Another tip is to have some Olive Oil Cooking Spray or Grapeseed Cooking Spray Oil on hand and coat the zucchini with it when you put it in the air fryer. If it looks floury at all when you check on it, just give it another coat of spray, it will help it get nice and crispy.
It’s also best to add the salt at the end to taste, we do not like a lot of salt added but you can add per your taste preference.
Now, are you ready for this great treat? These are perfectly served with your favorite dipping sauce or as is.
Enjoy these Ninja Foodi Zucchini Fries!
- 2 Medium-Sized Zucchini
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs or Regular Breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Begin by washing the zucchini and slicing them. First, cut the zucchini in half, then cut in small "fries", see photos above for details.
- Prepare a bowl for the flour.
- Add the beaten eggs to another bowl.
- Finally, in a 3rd bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and cheese along with 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Dip each zucchini in the flour, shake off the excess.
- Fully coat with the egg.
- Coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in greased air fryer basket. This can be coated with olive oil spray or grapeseed oil spray. (grapeseed does have a higher smoke point)
- Once they are all in the air fryer, coat them again with the oil of your choice.
- Cook in the air fryer or in the Ninja Foodi using the air crisp function at 390*F for 8 minutes. Check them after 5 minutes to be sure they are browning nicely.
- The heat that is put off by the air fryer will vary widely, so timing may need adjusting based on your air fryer.
- Remove once browned and repeat steps for additional batches.
- Season with salt to your taste preference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 429mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g