As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a low-carb dinner with these Ninja Foodi Steak Wrapped Asparagus, also easy to make in the Air Fryer!
A few years back I made Steak Wrapped Asparagus and immediately fell in love. I had it at a restaurant and knew that I had to try that at home too. I originally shared that recipe over on Food Fanatic.
When I started cooking with the Air Fryer, later the Ninja Foodi, I knew this would be the perfect recipe to make in it. It’s juicy, tender and the perfect choice if you are on a keto or low-carb diet too.
Can you use the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer for Steak Wrapped Asparagus?
Steak Wrapped Asparagus can be made in either the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer. If you are using the Ninja Foodi, you will use the basket and the Air Crisp function.
If you are using a traditional air fryer, use the basket and the air fryer to continue cooking.
This recipe will take just about 10 minutes of cook time in either the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi.
This Olive Oil Spray is the BEST to use in the Air Fryer in my opinion, or you can also use a spray bottle.
What cut of steak should you use for Ninja Foodi Steak Wrapped Asparagus?
This is one of the most important tips when cutting skirt steak or flank steak. If you cut it with the grain it’s going to be very tough in your mouth to chew, against the grain allows it to follow apart and chew easier.
Sometimes it’s tricky to cut it against the grain depending on the cut of meat you have, so just get it as close as possible. Sometimes it naturally feels like it makes more sense to cut with the grain because it’s easier to cut; however, it won’t be easier to chew.
How much Asparagus do you need for Ninja Foodi Steak Wrapped Asparagus?
Typically 3-5 asparagus will fit nicely in the steak, in the video, you will see that I use 3 because the asparagus is larger. If you have really skinny asparagus, you may want to use more.
Do you need to marinate the meat first?
In the original recipe, I do marinate the meat, it will never hurt to marinate meat. It just gives it even more flavor; however, you do not necessarily have to do this either.
If you want to prep it ahead earlier or have the flavor soak in a bit more, go ahead and put the wrapped steak in a dish and cover it with the marinade, then let it sit for 1 hour or overnight to fully soak in.
If you are in a time pinch, it really will taste just as good adding the marinade right before as well, from what we’ve found by making it this way.
If you do not have an Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi, be sure to check out my oven recipe for Steak Wrapped Asparagus on Food Fanatic.
- 1 Pound Asparagus, Trimmed
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 1/2 Pound Skirt Steak or Flank Steak, Thinly Sliced
- 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Spray the basket of the Ninja Foodi lightly with olive oil spray.
- Slice the steak against the grain into 6 pieces, as evenly as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, and salt. Just lightly mix it. It's not going to fully combine.
- Take about 3 asparagus and place them in 1 slice of steak, roll it up and place it in the basket of the Ninja Foodi.
- Continue this process for all of the steak. For this recipe, the basket will fit 3 at a time.
- Once there are 3 in the basket, add in half of the tomatoes.
- Using a brush, brush the steaks and the vegetables with the oil and vinegar mixture.
- Cook using the air crisp function at 390 degrees for 10 minutes using the attached lid with the Ninja Foodi. (Note - I do recommend checking on them at 5 minutes, we prefer them cooked until 10 minutes but your desired doneness may vary.)
- Carefully remove and repeat the process for the remaining 3 steaks.
- Serve the steak wrapped asparagus with tomatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 506mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 34g