As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make these easy Ninja Foodi Sloppy Joes, also easy to make in the slow cooker or crockpot!
I’ll tell you one of our go-to recipes for a busy weeknight is sloppy joes. It’s just a classic, but did you know that you can make them without a can? These are easy to make with simple pantry style ingredients!
These can easily be made in a Ninja Foodi, which actually makes them perfect if you are taking your Ninja Foodi with you camping this summer too. This same method can be used with the Instant Pot as well.
What do you need for Ninja Foodi Sloppy Joes?
- Ground Beef
- Yellow or White Onion
- Green Pepper
- Barbecue Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Dry Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Hamburger Buns or Gluten-Free Buns
This is all you need for these Ninja Foodi Sloppy Joes, we typically have most of this in our pantry so it makes it a great go-to.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Sloppy Joes:
This recipe will use the saute function of the Ninja Foodi as well as the pressure cooker function using the pressure cooker lid that comes with the Ninja Foodi.
It’s important to remember when making this recipe, these will be done in the pressure cooker in 10 minutes, once they are done let the meat sit in the Ninja Foodi for 5 minutes to naturally release.
Once the 5 minutes is up, the nozzle will then be turned to “vent” and the additional steam will be let out and you can give it a nice good stir. It should be nice and bubbly, easy to combine, and very sloppy!
Can you freeze the leftovers of Sloppy Joes?
If you have extra, you can easily save this for another meal by freezing the leftovers. If you plan to eat it the following day, simply store it in a container in the fridge.
If you want to save it for maybe a month later, it can be stored in a freezer-safe bag or container. It can be marked with the date and name and then freeze it until you are ready to serve later.
Once you are ready to serve, simply warm it up and serve!
Can you make sloppy joes in the slow cooker or crockpot?
These can be made in the slow cooker or crockpot, once you have done the initial steps of cooking the meat, it will cook on low for 2-3 hours in the crockpot or slow cooker.
It can be done in either a slow cooker, crockpot, Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi. I will note all the methods in the recipe card!
Now you are ready to make these Ninja Foodi Sloppy Joes!
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Stalks Celery, Finely Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Yellow or White Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Green Pepper, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 8oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (or Gluten-Free)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch (Optional)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Hamburger Buns or Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns
- In the pot of the Ninja Foodi, set the Foodi to saute on medium-high heat. Add in the ground beef.
- Add in the celery, onions, and green pepper.
- Cook until the ground beef is browned and the veggies are soft.
- Drain if needed and return to the pot.
- Add in the water, ketchup, barbecue and tomato sauce, brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir to combine.
- Secure the pressure lid onto the Foodi, set the nozzle to "seal", cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Let this naturally release (do nothing) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, move the nozzle to "vent", release all steam and remove the lid.
- Stir the meat well adding in the 1/2 Tbsp of cornstarch and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt or pepper to taste and serve on buns.
Notes: To cook in the slow cooker, after draining the meat, add to the slow cooker and add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until heated through. If you prefer to do this on the stovetop, after draining the beef, add the remaining ingredients and let simmer on low for 15-30 minutes.
In all methods, the cornstarch is stirred in last if needed to thicken it up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 22g