As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a wonderful Jambalaya that can be made gluten-free too with this Ninja Foodi Jambalaya!
This Ninja Foodi Jambalaya is similar to a creole jambalaya or red jambalaya, and it’s simple to make right in your Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot, take your pick!
It’s very important to follow each step to make this Jambalaya correctly using the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot.
What do you need for Ninja Foodi Jambalaya?
- Olive Oil
- Medium Cooked Shrimp
- Andouille Sausage
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Green Bell Pepper
- Dried Thyme
- Cajun Seasoning
- Long Grain White Rice
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Bay Leaves
- Green Onions
This is what you will need to make the BEST Ninja Foodi Jambalaya!
Remember it can be made exactly the same way in either the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot.
Can you make Gluten-Free Ninja Foodi Jambalaya?
This recipe can be made gluten-free, all the ingredients should be naturally gluten-free, but you MUST check the cajun seasoning. This sometimes can be cross-contaminated, so be sure that the one you are using is in fact gluten-free.
Do you need a Roux for Jambalaya?
Jambalaya does not need a roux, this can be personal preference too but this recipe does not include a roux. It’s going to be full of flavor with the ingredients in the dish and already thickened with the rice.
The roux generally would provide flavor but this particular recipe is already full of flavor.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Jambalaya:
Jambalaya is a rice-based dish so it’s going to be drier, not soupy like a gumbo. Be sure to use long-grain rice for this particular recipe and not quick or minute rice as that will cook too quickly.
The shrimp needs to be already cooked, it’s going to be added in at the very end of cook time and simply warmed up in the Ninja Foodi, so it must be cooked when you add it to the pot.
Now, are you ready for this wonderful dish? Enjoy this Ninja Foodi Jambalaya!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 12oz Bag of Medium Cooked Shrimp
- 14oz Bag of Andouille Sausage (Cut 1/4in Thick)
- 12oz Package of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut 1in Cubes)
- 1 Cup Onion, Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning, Divided
- 1 1/2 Cups Long Grain White Rice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 14.5oz Can of Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Green Onions, Sliced to Garnish
- Parsley, Chopped to Garnish
- Set the the Ninja Foodi to Saute and add the olive oil.
- Add the sausage and cook for about 5 minutes until browned.
- Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, set aside with the sausage.
- Add the onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic, cook until onions are translucent about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the thyme, 1 tsp of cajun seasoning and salt and stir well.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bay leaves.
- Return the sausage and chicken to the pot.
- Add in the tomatoes and rice.
- Stir it up well.
- Turn off the Ninja Foodi.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid onto the pot and set the nozzle to 'seal'.
- Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes.
- Dry the shrimp with a paper towel and coat with 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Once the 7 minutes is up, quickly release the steam by moving the nozzle to 'vent'.
- Carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Carefully add the shrimp and stir it up.
- Secure the lid back onto the pot, set to 'seal', for about 10 minutes to allow the shrimp to warm up.
- Remove the lid, stir and serve.
As always, check all ingredients to be sure they are gluten-free before using them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 1571mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g