As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a tasty fajita combo with these Ninja Foodi Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas!
I’ve mentioned before that we LOVE to make fajitas, we typically have these at least once a week. It’s such a quick and easy meal for dinner.
This was perfect combining both the chicken and shrimp, which we actually hadn’t thought of until we ate at a restaurant that served it this way. It’s a wonderful combo.
The Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker was used for this recipe with the air crisp function.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas:
This recipe works the best with chicken thighs, chicken breasts tend to dry out faster than chicken thighs. It’s also a MUST to check or know your normal cooking time for chicken in your air fryer.
This particular recipe in our air fryer, Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, takes 20-24 minutes to fully cook the chicken to the internal temperature of 165*F. I’ve seen some air fryers though take 15-20 minutes, so it’s best to watch it carefully.
When making a combination of chicken and shrimp, the first thing you will want to do is cook the chicken for half of the time, so in our case for 10 minutes, then add in the shrimp in the final 10 minutes of cooking.
The shrimp is already pre-cooked and will not take long to cook in the Ninja Foodi.
When you open up the Ninja Foodi to add the shrimp, give the ingredients a good stir or shake and add in your preferred cooking oil spray. I use olive oil cooking spray from Pompeian Oils; however, if you prefer a higher heat spray, use coconut, grapeseed, or avocado.
These are best served with warm tortillas!
This recipe can be made as Ninja Foodi Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas too using the air crisp function and basket.
What seasoning should you use for Ninja Foodi Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas?
These can be made with your choice of fajita or taco seasoning. We use this Homemade Taco Seasoning, it’s easy to make with what is right in your pantry!
If you make a homemade seasoning, you will use 2 tablespoons of seasoning for this recipe.
Now, are you ready for dinner?
Check out the video tutorial too on YouTube for Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas!
- 2 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Onion
- 2 Tbsp Homemade or Store Bought Taco or Fajitas Seasoning (Gluten-Free or Regular)
- 6 Medium-Size Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cut into Slices
- 12oz Package of Small Cooked & Deveined Shrimp, Tail-Off
- Cooking Spray (Avocado, Coconut, Grapeseed, Etc.)
- Tortillas and Additional Toppings of Choice
- Begin by slicing the bell peppers.
- Spray the air crisp basket with the cooking oil spray of your choice.
- Add in the bell peppers and diced onion to the air crisp basket.
- Add in the cut chicken thighs.
- Coat with additional spray and the taco seasoning.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390*F for 10 minutes. (See Note)
- Add in the shrimp in the final 10 minutes of cooking time and stir to cook with more cooking spray.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until heated through and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 165*F.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings of choice.
It's a MUST to cook chicken based on the timing for your air fryer. If your air fryer says that it only takes 15 minutes to cook the chicken, then after 5 minutes add in the shrimp. The shrimp needs to be added in the final 10 minutes of cooking time. I use a Ninja Air Fryer and it takes at least 20 minutes to fully cook the chicken.
The chicken must be at least 165*F to be considered fully cooked.
Regarding serving size, this is enough to make about 8 or more fajitas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g