A delicious and light dinner is exactly what this Lemon Pepper Chicken with Spaghetti Squash & Rainbow Chard will provide!
Have you tried Rainbow Chard? It’s a beautiful pink and green vegetable and looks similar to a green leaf lettuce. It sautes though very well with a little bit of olive oil and garlic. I also found out that you can even take the stem of it and replant it. That means you can grow your own easily! Isn’t that a fun little tidbit of information?
I decided to grill up some Lemon Pepper Chicken and then serve it with sauteed spaghetti squash and rainbow chard. The result?
It was melt in your mouth good, very light and filling.
This recipe can really be adapted to what you have on hand as well, I added diced onion to this as well giving it a variety of flavors.
This was such a great light, healthy meal and fit right on my diet. I am really trying to watch what I eat and truly avoid some carbs so this was the perfect low-carb meal with a burst of flavor too.
I decided to steam the spaghetti squash first, then I added it to the saute pan along with the chard and onion. It only needed to saute for about 5 minutes and it was ready to pair with the chicken. Now, I’m hoping to see Rainbow Chard in the produce basket again because it was just SO good! I felt like it sort of tasted like spinach, and it cooked similar too.
I promise you will love spaghetti squash too, after discovering that I can hardly eat pasta anymore…I just love it!
Have you tried Rainbow Chard yet? What do you like to serve it with? I’d love to try it with other methods as well.
Enjoy this wonderful meal!
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Spaghetti Squash & Rainbow Chard
- 4 6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Lb Spaghetti Squash Steamed and Scraped
- 1 Bunch of Rainbow Chard
- 1/4 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- Begin by squeezing the juice from half the lemon and adding the pepper to the chicken.
- Grill the chicken either on an outside grill or indoor grill pan until well done or the internal temperature of 165*.
- While the chicken is grilling if you have not already, steam the spaghetti squash per these instructions. Scrape the inside of the spaghetti squash and set it aside.
- Chop up the rainbow chard and set aside along with the spaghetti squash and onion.
- Add the olive oil into a cast iron skillet and warm up to medium heat.
- Add in the crushed garlic and sea salt.
- Add in the spaghetti squash, chard, and onion.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until the chard is soft.
- Serve the grilled chicken over the veggies.