Layered Skillet Nachos are a great game day recipe or just for dinner.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyBrothersSalsa #CollectiveBias
Are you full swing into the holiday baking season? Not only are we full swing into baking but also the parties, shopping, and the Christmas events that happen this month.
That means our dinner time routine is a little bit different than our normal sit down dinners. We need quick dinners that are easy to serve and get on to the next activity.
This past week, I headed out to Sam’s Club to pick up the 4 Pack of My Brother’s Salsa. It’s perfectly packaged for gift giving. I don’t know about your family but my family LOVES food gifts especially salsa. Not only is it already pre-packaged and ready to be given as a gift but inside the box are several family recipes to give you great inspiration on using the salsa.
My favorites are the Black Bean & Corn Salsa and the House Salsa. I decided to make a Layered Nacho dish with the Black Bean and Corn Salsa. This was such a hit and so easy to make because I did not even have to prepare the corn salsa from scratch, I simply used the jar.
I especially enjoy that these two favorites of mine are very mild which is good considering I’m a weakling when it comes to spice.
I layered a mixture of white corn tortillas chips with blue corn tortilla chips in a cast iron skillet. Next, I put half the jar of the black bean and corn salsa on top with a little bit of chopped green onion and bell pepper. I topped it with shredded cheese and added an additional layer.
Lastly, simply bake in the oven for about 20 minutes on 400*. Once it is done, carefully remove, and add some additional salsa, sour cream, and guacamole…then dig in!
Are you ready for dinner? What do you like to serve on top of your nachos?
Be sure to head to Sam’s Club to pick up your 4 pack of My Brother’s Salsa, then pick up one for a friend to give as a gift too! The individual jars can also be found at Walmart, Harris Teeter, and The Fresh Market!
Happy Nacho Night!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Layered Skillet Nachos
- 1 Regular Sized Bag of Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 Regular Sized Bag of White Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 16 oz Jar of My Brother's Salsa Black Bean & Corn
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Cups Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Toppings - My Brother's Salsa Guacamole, Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Place a layer of both types of chips on the bottom.
- Top with 1/2 the jar of Black Bean & Corn Salsa, then half of green onion, bell pepper, chicken, and cheese.
- Repeat for a second layer, topping with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Serve with additional toppings.