As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Slow Cooker Steak & Veggies is the way to go for dinner.
Are you all recovering from Thanksgiving? Just in time to head into Christmas? I thought today I’d share this very simple meal that I used veggies we had on hand, plus an extra gravy packet to make. That’s right, it was just a few quick ingredients and can be modified to use what you have on hand too.
I decided to cook up a few sirloin steaks in our slow cooker and then add a large sliced carrot and yellow squash. I topped it with a packet of brown gravy mixed with water then simply covered and cooked on low.
When we served it we added a little bit of salt and pepper to add some extra flavor, but it made for a super quick and easy meal. It tasted a lot like a roast would but simply on a little bit smaller scale. It was tender and juicy. This was the sort of steak you would not really need a knife to cut. I enjoy this type of steak in the winter months especially after busy days.
Ready for a bite?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 6-80 z Sirloin Steaks
- 1 Large Carrot, Sliced
- 1 Yellow Squash, Sliced
- 1 Packet of Brown Gravy or Packet of Gluten Free Brown Gravy
- 1 Cup Water
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, spray the bottom with non-stick spray then place the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Top them with veggies.
- Mix together the water and brown gravy with a whisk in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the steak and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve topped with salt, pepper, and/or parsley.