Slow Cooker Steak & Veggies is the way to go for dinner.
Are you all recovering from Thanksgiving? Just in time to head into Christmas? I thought today I’d share this very simple meal that I used veggies we had on hand, plus an extra gravy packet to make. That’s right, it was just a few quick ingredients and can be modified to use what you have on hand too.
I decided to cook up a few sirloin steaks in our slow cooker and then add a large sliced carrot and yellow squash. I topped it with a packet of brown gravy mixed with water then simply covered and cooked on low.
When we served it we added a little bit of salt and pepper to add some extra flavor, but it made for a super quick and easy meal. It tasted a lot like a roast would but simply on a little bit smaller scale. It was tender and juicy. This was the sort of steak you would not really need a knife to cut. I enjoy this type of steak in the winter months especially after busy days.
Ready for a bite?
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Steak & Veggies
- 2 6-80 z Sirloin Steaks
- 1 Large Carrot Sliced
- 1 Yellow Squash Sliced
- 1 Packet of Brown Gravy or Packet of Gluten Free Brown Gravy
- 1 Cup Water
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, spray the bottom with non-stick spray then place the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Top them with veggies.
- Mix together the water and brown gravy with a whisk in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the steak and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve topped with salt, pepper, and/or parsley.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!