Italian Macaroni & Cheese is a great option for dinner!
This post is sponsored by Pompeian; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own. #PantryInsiders
This month I have been on the hunt for very kid and toddler friendly recipes that not only the kids will love but also my husband and I too. I have a two super picky kids, and it is sometimes exhausting having to make meals and then they don’t eat them.
I’ll admit that happens a lot. I honestly don’t feel it’s worth the headache of forcing my picky eater son to eat foods he just does not like at all. It makes dinner time easier when I go with foods I know he likes, like macaroni and cheese. Then, I just added a little twist to this recipe to make it an Italian Macaroni & Cheese.
This dish was super delicious and can actually be served alongside a meat of your choice or you can add shredded chicken to it. I like the shredded chicken option because it makes this dish a simple one dish meal.
I added a burst of flavor to this recipe with the Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil in place of using butter along with crushed garlic. Did you know that you can make a simple switch in many recipes by swapping butter for olive oil? This conversion chart will show you exactly how easy it can be!
Pompeian is challenging you to make the simple switch and when you take the pledge on their Facebook Page you will be entered to win lots of fun products and prizes!
Are you ready to make the switch? I did with this tasty Italian Macaroni & Cheese, now it’s your turn!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Italian Macaroni & Cheese
- 12 Oz Elbow Macaroni or Gluten Free Elbow Macaroni
- 1 14.5 Oz Can of Hunt's Roasted Garlic & Diced Tomatoes
- 2 8 oz Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups C00ked Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions Diced
- 2 Cups Italian Shredded Cheese Reserve 1/2 Cup
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Cook the elbow macaroni in accordance with the package instructions.
- Drain the noodles and return to the stock pot.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, olive oil, chicken, and onions. Mix this well.
- Add in 1 1/2 Cups of cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Top with the additional cheese, additional onions (if preferred), and parsley.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
The ingredient list says 4 cups of cheese with 1/2 cup reserved but the recipe instructions say to add 1 1/2 cups in the mix with the additional on top. Should the ingredients list just 2 cups of cheese? This looks really great and I know I’ll try, just want to get it right. 🙂
Ahhh! It’s 2 Cups, unless you just want is extra extra cheesy!! Just updated it, thank you SO much for pointing that out!