In an attempt to continue my journey on learning to tolerate fish, I set out to make homemade fish sticks. I actually like fish sticks, so I knew that if I could make my own version they would be much more healthy than the store bought.
My picky toddler he refuses to eat, he proved it successful. He does not touch fish, and yet he had seconds! What? I know, I was shocked too! It was good though, I even went back for more.
This is an easy dish and very kid friendly.
Homemade Fish Sticks
- 4 6 oz White Fish Fillets
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Start by mixing the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, and paprika in a medium sized bowl.
- Prepare a separate bowl for the flour, and then a final bowl for the egg whites.
- Cut the fish into 1 inch strips. Mine were not perfectly 1 inch; however, in bite sizes pieces works too.
- Then, dip each piece of fish in the flour mixture, coat with the egg mixture, and then finally the breading mixture. Place each strip on a greased wire rack and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The fish should easily flake with a fork.
- This fish taste best served with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Note: I am not fond of much salt, so if you do like salt you will likely want to add a little more to your taste.