Sometimes it’s fun to experiment with foods you may not regularly by and that was exactly the case with this Grilled Bok Choy. I’m writing this post in partnership with The Produce Gathering, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you ever tried grilled salads? I went to a cooking class several years back and was first introduced to making grilled salads. Since that time, that’s almost the only way I can eat them anymore. They are just so delicious. When I picked up our produce basket from The Produce Gathering last week and saw Bok Choy, I knew I wanted to try it grilled as well.
I simply sliced the Bok Choy in half lengthwise to make smaller pieces for the salad. Then, I drizzled it with a little bit of Asian sauce. Once that was done, we simply placed it on the grill for about 5 minutes until it was wilted and crispy. Once it’s done, it can be served as is or with toppings of your choice. My husband likes to add different types of nuts to his salad, but you can really get creative there. I tend to like it as is, it’s a great way to eat some tasty greens.
We paired it alongside grilled chicken, but it is also a nice addition with steak too. Bok Choy is typically seen used in stir fry; however, it is very versatile.
Have you tried out The Produce Gathering yet? Be sure to head on over and use the code MHCMember to get your free membership. Once you have your membership, then it’s time to shop around and see what all they offer. I am loving their new meats that they are featuring. That’s right, you can get more than just produce!
Have you tried Bok Choy? What’s your favorite way to serve it?
Grilled Bok Choy
- Bok Choy
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 5 Tsp Hoisin Sauce or Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Minced Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Warm grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the Bok Choy lengthwise and set aside in a baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, sugar, juice, sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Warm this up until a low boil.
- Remove and add in sesame seeds.
- Carefully pour the sauce over the Bok Choy.
- Grill the Bok Choy on the grill for 5 minutes until nice and toasted.
- Serve as is or with nuts and additional toppings.