It is time for those tasty, homemade breads and a new one we made recently was this Shredded Wheat Banana Bread. I’m sharing this recipe in partnership with Mom’s Best Cereals, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s so close to fall, just a little under a month away from the official start. I am ready, are you? We really enjoyed summer, but I’m anxious to enjoy some cooler air. We got a bit of a tease of cooler air last week. Something about the fall for us means more family time at home and lots of cooking out. We also always seem to take on home repairs in the fall.
We just updated our kitchen and carpet. Now, we are about to start on new floors throughout the whole house. Hopefully after that, a new door, and a few lights for the house, we will be set for a few more years on any major remodeling. I’m sure I should laugh as I say that because every week I think of something else I want to do!
In the midst of the kitchen chaos, my family was craving some homemade, baked bread. So, I managed to make my way to the oven and find my mixer to whip up this delicious bread. It did not disappoint and was quickly enjoyed by all. I think they were just happy to have a homemade meal, a few days of eating out gets old really quick!
I decided to add an addition to my usual banana bread and top it with Shredded Wheat from Mom’s Best Cereals. I absolutely love using their cereal because it’s free of all those additives like artificial colors and flavors. It’s a better for you option when it comes to cereal. We always have it on hand and trust me it came in handy when we couldn’t actually get in the kitchen to cook either.
For this bread, I crushed some of the cereal to mix in the batter, and then I also topped the bread with Shredded Wheat too. It made for a great addition to banana bread.
As the fall air moves in though, I know we will be baking more and more breads just like this one. Have you tried Shredded Wheat Banana Bread? It’s time to get to start baking!
Shredded Wheat Banana Bread
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 Cup Mom's Best Cereals Shredded Wheat Crushed & Divided
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and butter in a large mixing well.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the banana, 1/2 cup shredded wheat, and vanilla.
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and spoon batter into it, spreading it evenly.
- Top it with the reserved shredded wheat.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350* or until when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part it comes out clean.
- Cool and carefully remove from pan.