Make these EASY and delicious Gluten-Free Monster Cookies!
Monster Cookies are one of our all-time favorites to make. These Gluten-Free Monster Cookies are flourless and use either Peanut Butter or Sunbutter as the base.
This recipe makes 3-4 dozen depending on the size of the cookies, so it’s plenty to feed a crowd too or just the teenagers!
Remember if you love these then you will also enjoy these Kitchen Sink Cookies!
What are Monster Cookies made of?
These monster cookies use peanut butter as the base along with gluten-free oats, chocolate chips, and M&Ms.
The great thing about Monster Cookies is that you can get creative with different candies as well. We will add in seasonal M&Ms, even pretzels or caramel bits too. It’s fun to mix them up with your favorite add-ins!
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Monster Cookies:
It’s VERY IMPORTANT to remember that monster cookies will come out of the oven still soft and gooey.
They must sit on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before you move them over to your cooling rack or they will fall apart on you. No one wants that!
As they sit on the baking sheet they will continue to cool and harden up.
I keep these in the oven for about 12 minutes or until they are lightly browned on top before removing them.
This recipe makes at least 3 dozen depending on the size of the cookies.
Think of these as a soft baked cookie that has all of your favorite pantry ingredients right in one tasty bite!
How do you make these gluten-free?
Monster Cookies are flourless, making them very easy to make gluten-free.
All you need to do is be sure that your candies and add-ins are gluten-free. They should be naturally gluten-free but always check the ingredients.
Then, you will need to use gluten-free old-fashioned oats.
It is by far one of the easiest gluten-free cookies, right along with No-Bake cookies.
If you need these to be made nut-free, you can use Sunbutter instead of Peanut Butter.
Can they be stored in the freezer?
They can even be stored in the freezer in a freezer-safe storage bag and then thawed out when you are ready to eat a few.
If you love these, then you’ll enjoy these Cherry Chip Cake Mix Cookies too!
Now it’s time to enjoy these Gluten-Free Monster Cookies!
Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (1 Stick) Softened
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Plain M&Ms
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Pretzels or Additional Add-Ins
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a stand mixer combine the eggs, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Continue to mix in the peanut butter, butter, and baking soda.
- Fold in the oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips plus any additional add-ins like pretzels. Mix these in well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cookies in tablespoon size on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten them down, they will not rise or expand much.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350*F until they are lightly browned.
- Let them sit on the baking sheet to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully move them to a cooling rack to fully cool.