It’s almost time for summer and that means fresh produce. One of our favorites is this Easy Tropical Salsa. I’m sharing this recipe in partnership with The Produce Gathering, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Several years back now, I shared this delicious Tropical Salsa recipe, but I thought it was time to refresh it a bit! As summer approaches, we typically end up grilling out or having cookouts often. Honestly, I’m interested to see how that changes this year. Last year, we spent almost every weekend at the lake, I have a feeling we will again this year too. That means most of our grilling out ‘at home’ ends up during the week.
We tend to spend most of the summer outdoors as much as possible, which I’m perfectly fine with except you know when it gets over 100 degrees and I start melting. It happens…
This Tropical Salsa is a favorite of mine because it’s simple, fresh, and delicious! It can be eaten as is or with tortilla chips or crackers. My son likes to eat it with multi-grain crackers. This is a simple mix of fresh fruit then tossed with lime juice and cilantro.
The best part? Serving it right out of the cantaloupe. Isn’t it nice that you can make this look fabulous and spend no extra money on a serving dish? I sure think so!
I cut all the inside out of the cantaloupe to put into the salad and trim it up inside, then I simply serve the salad right out of it. This salad makes just enough to fill up both halves of the cantaloupe, sit them outside for a party or for a little treat before or after dinner and you are all set.
I was able to pick up just about everything I needed for this with The Produce Gathering. The Produce Gathering is our local produce co-op here in Broken Arrow. If you are interested in learning more, be sure to CLICK HERE now. Also use the code MHCMember to get your membership FREE!
Now, let’s countdown to summer!
More Fresh Produce Recipes:
Easy Tropical Salsa
- 1 Cantaloupe
- 2 Mango cut into small chunks
- 2 Kiwi cut into small chunks
- 1 Apple cut into small chunks
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Begin by cutting the cantaloupe in 1/2 and scooping out the inside. This can be done with an ice cream scoop. Then, cut the scooped cantaloupe in smaller bite size pieces. Once the cantaloupe is cleaned out, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the bite size cantaloupe, mango, kiwi, apple, and chopped cilantro. Mix this up well and then squeeze with the juice of 1/2 a lime.
- Serve this inside of the cleaned out cantaloupes with a side of tortilla chips and snack away!