As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
As strawberries are in season I thought I’d take this chance to share my Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe again. This is one of those that is a go-to for us especially during the summer months.
It’s that time of year when strawberries are so beautiful and delicious, I can’t help but to bake with them on a daily basis. We always have them in stock in our fridge this time of year. My daughter was allergic to them but we have since found she can tolerate them on a limited basis. That means she can finally enjoy this pie too.
I have some type of allergy to fruit and veggies where I can only eat them if they are cooked. I actually read about it recently, which was the first time I realized it was a true allergy and it’s called an oral food allergy. Thankfully, I can enjoy this pie because they are baked in the oven. Oh happy day!
This is one of my favorite recipe from my great great aunt’s recipe collection. I originally shared it a few years ago, but since strawberries are in season again, I thought it would be a great time to share it again. I love to take this to parties or make for a dessert on a special day for just my own family too. We tend to always cookout over the weekends and that always means a tasty dessert is on the menu too.
Something about the summer months, even when I feel like we are so busy, the evenings are generally peaceful and laid back. That sure beats homework in the evening, right?
Are you ready to eat up?
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Strawberries, Sliced
- 1 Prepared Pie Crust or Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Container of Cool Whip or Real Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg. Set Aside.
- Fill the pie crust with the sliced strawberries.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sliced strawberries.
- Dot the top of the egg mixture with butter.
- Bake in the oven at 400* for 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Top with Cool Whip and serve. It can also be topped with a few additional strawberries and cinnamon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g