Make this great Easy Fruit Salsa paired with delicious Homemade Cinnamon Chips, both are bursting with great flavor.
As you have family and friends over for pool parties and various summer activities this Easy Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips is the perfect choice to serve to guests.
It’s full of flavor and vibrant colors, it’s also easy to make gluten-free if that’s a need as well.
Can you make gluten-free homemade cinnamon chips?
The only ingredient that would need some adapting to make gluten-free is the cinnamon chips. I’ve found these work well using Mission Gluten-Free Tortillas, these are the closest tortillas I have found to real flour, so it gives that same great texture that you are looking for in a regular flour tortilla.
Once you have the gluten-free tortillas, all the remaining ingredients are naturally gluten-free.
Can you freeze fruit salsa?
Fruit Salsa can be stored in the freezer in a freezer-safe, airtight container. It can easily be stored for 1-2 months as long as it’s properly sealed.
When you are ready to serve it, simply let it sit out to defrost.
What else can you serve fruit salsa with?
Fruit salsa is great with homemade cinnamon chips, that is our preference. If you do not want to serve it with cinnamon chips, you can use graham crackers too. Those work just as well.
Tips for Making Easy Fruit Salsa:
The fruit needs to be finely diced so that you can easily dip your chips in it.
It’s also best served chilled, so you will want to keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. It can be made the day prior to serving as well, so you can keep it stored in the fridge overnight if you prefer.
The cinnamon chips can be served warm out of the oven or you can store those and serve them at room temperature.
This is the perfect fruit salsa paired with homemade cinnamon chips, we love serving this on warm, summer days. It’s a great salsa and chips to serve by the pool!
Easy Fruit Salsa
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 1 Large Mango Finely Diced
- 1 Cup Strawberries Finely Diced
- 2 Kiwi Peeled and Finely Diced
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries cut in half or quarters depending on the size
- 1/4 Cup Apricot Preserves
- Mint for Garnish Optional
- 5 Flour Tortillas or Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas Mission Gluten-Free
- 1 Stick Butter Melted (1/2 Cup)
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
To Make Fruit Salsa:
- Dice the apples into small pieces and add to a large bowl, squeeze the lemon juice over the apples and stir to combine.
- Finely chop the remaining fruit and add it to the bowl.
- Stir fruit gently to combine.
- Add preserves and mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with cinnamon chips or graham crackers.
To Make Cinnamon Chips:
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Brush butter onto both sides of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture on both sides.
- Cut the tortilla into triangles using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, flip chips and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Amber Ferguson says
I love fruit salsa and this looks so good! I am happy to feature you at this week’s All About Home Link party. Hope you will join us again!