Creamy Chicken & Rice is a family dinner favorite!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Growing up, one of the meals my mom did make regularly was Chicken & Rice. She absolutely LOVED making this dish because it was so simple and she could use her favorite rice, Minute® Rice.
She would always prepare this when she got in from work, then have it baking in the oven while helping us with homework. I am sure that’s where I got my mad skills at multi-tasking. My mom was the queen of doing many things at once and doing them all well.
Meals like this one are some of my favorites because it does allow me time to get a meal on the table but also spend time with my kids too without the hassle of standing by the stove for a while. With Minute® Rice it only takes about 5 minutes and you have fluffy beautiful rice that can pair well with stir fry or even in this Chicken & Rice Bake.
I prefer to use it in this bake because I know for sure the rice will come out fully cooked at the same time as the chicken. It does not necessarily take as long as the chicken to cook but it works out very well and is never overcooked.
I also decided to coat our chicken in a flour mixture before putting it in the pan, although some of the mixture does get washed off while preparing this dish, it still adds some flavor to the chicken. If you prefer not to do this step, you can skip it. I do it with or without it just depending on the amount of time I have to get dinner ready.
If you decide to make this dish, you can get creative and add veggies to it too and make it a one dish dinner. I decided to pair it with broccoli on the side although many times I just bake the broccoli in with it. It can also be made with chicken breast or thighs. I went with thighs this time just out of preference.
Be sure to join the Minute® Rice Club for more great recipes, and enter to win this giveaway too! Guess what you could win? A KitchenAid Mixer!
Are you ready for dinner tonight? It’s time!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
Creamy Chicken & Rice
- 1 Pound Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Cups Minute Rice White or Brown, Uncooked
- 2 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 10.5 oz Can of Cream of Mushroom or Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom
- 2 Cups of Water
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, pepper, and paprika in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of chicken in it on both sides, shake off the excess and place in the dish.
- Sprinkle the uncooked rice evenly over the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth, cream of mushroom, and water, evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes, carefully remove and stir up the rice to avoid any overcooking.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with your choice of side.