Cherry Kool-Aid Cupcakes take cupcakes to a new level of delicious!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias
This past week, my husband’s co-workers got a fun little treat when I sent these Cherry Kool-Aid Cupcakes with him to work. My phone was blowing up with text messages from my husband and his co-workers requesting more cupcakes along with many other food items! Clearly, it must have just occurred to them what I do for a living.
He let me know that now I have a fan club at his work, so I guess that means I need to get to making more cupcakes!
As my daughter and I were shopping at Walmart, we spotted a new product called Kool-Aid Easy Mix. The great thing about this is you just add water along with the Kool-Aid Easy Mix and a super tasty drink is made! It has about 50% less sugar than soda as well, although they are cupcakes so I wasn’t too concerned in this case. On a hot summer day a big glass of Kool-Aid is just the ticket and it’s a nice refreshing treat too.
As soon as I saw the Cherry flavor, I knew exactly what I would be making! I picked up a box of white cake mix, then I simply replaced the water in the cake mix for Cherry Kool-Aid. Once they were baked, I topped them with homemade whipped cream and a delicious cherry on top.
Absolutely perfect…and tasty considering they were gone in minutes at my husband’s work.
I think this would be great for parties or just a special treat for the kids. I know my kids enjoyed them.
Now, I’m tempted to whip up a batch with the Tropical Punch, can you imagine how fun those would be for a Hawaiian Luau this summer?
What’s your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid Easy Mix? Share it with us and have a cupcake!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Cherry Kool-Aid Cupcakes
- 1 Box White cake Mix
- 1 Cup Prepared Cherry Kool-Aid
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 24 Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Combine the cake mix, Kool-Aid, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into greased cupcake wrappers until about the half way mark. Continue for all 24 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until poked with a toothpick, the toothpick comes out clean.
- While they are cooling prepare the whipped cream. Place the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix on high until a whipped consistency is formed.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the whipped cream and top with a cherry.